Sunday 27 June 2010

First year of uni....has come and gone

Well, first year of uni is out of the way. I passed everything with reasonably high marks, which I'm happy about. 
Now being back up home I'm reflecting on what has been both a really good and really shit couple of months.
Many good things have happened, however amidst the positive usually comes a constant stream of negative for me.

I'm going to miss uni people A LOT.
Its going to be weird not being around people 24/ 7
I think you need freedom when you get to a certain age though
 I value independence.
Next year I will be making some decisions that will make independence a lot easier.
Currently, due to various reasons I am struggling financially.
I've had two properties to pay rent for, and two lots of deposits which has cost me the best side of two grand. On-top of that, there are train tickets etc. which become expensive when you live 400 miles away.

As well as that, and I do not deny this. I like HAVING FUN
Life is too fucking short to 'save for a rainy day' and be fucking boring.
So shoot me.
I party too much and maybe I did spend a bit on beer?
This is the first time I've had to lend money this year, and I intend to pay it back this week when the bank fixes its massive screw up. 
I'll pay for myself through my own means. I'm trying to get a job, but in the meantime, its my life, i don't usually borrow money and I'll live how the hell I like thanks.

This is what makes it hard being at home. Being accepted. I don't nag people, but they see it is alright to nag me constantly.
Next year, despite peoples opinions, I am going to have to be based in Reading a lot more so I can get a permanent job there.
Its something I want to do. For my own reasons. 

Sometimes you have to stop worrying about what everyone else wants, and do what makes YOU happy. This is not selfish, its the only way your going to get what you want out of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment